Thursday, January 20, 2005

STFU

Don't you just look at people flapping their mouths sometimes and think "Shut up! Damn, just shut up"! I write this about no one in completely particular, and I do suppose that I am just grousing. I'm in a bitchy mood and I'm going to take it out on you. I got a new job. I'm a WAITRESS. Yes, a waitress. I smile and laugh at jokes that aren't funny by any stretch of the imagination. I take orders. I now know all the ways steak and eggs are served. Medium rare over easy hard well done and burn it if you can, please.
The funny thing is that I like it. I do say this as I ingest my second glass of wine; but I think I really like it. Have you ever seen the Pepsi commercial. A bunch of hip looking people dancing to this song about breaking free. "I want to break free...". Well damn it if that's not how I feel inside.
I want to go dance in public fountains and get out of my car on the freeway and leave it there. I want to dance around like a total moron in a shopping mall while everyone looks on, wondering if I am having a grand mal seizure and need medical attention or if it's a new form of modern dance. I want to walk around with a huge dopey grin on my face and not have anyone ask why I'm so happy. I just am, ok. Shit, lay off!
Where are those people who through the miracle of modern technology, all show up at the same place and do something wierd for about a minute and then run away, back to their normal life. Hawaii could use someting like that. Thw world could use something like that. A happening. Totally innocuous, mindless fun.
Anyway, that's enough out of me.

kisses


No comments: