Wednesday, August 24, 2005

And the "Hits" Just Keep Coming

Something is wrong with the world when CNN's "breaking news" consists of this:

"Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson apologizes for calling for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. More soon."

Who gives a fuck? I mean seriously. An apology for an assasination call? I assume the dialog went something like this:

Robertson: "Ya'll, I apologize for callin' for the killin' of that nice brown fella down in Venezuela, and be with the starving pygmies down in Africa. Amen."

A different article goes on to say:

"In Havana, where he had met with Cuban President Fidel Castro to discuss ties between the two countries, Chavez told reporters he had never heard of Robertson.

Asked about the broadcaster's call for his assassination, Chavez said, "It doesn't matter to me."

"I don't know who that person is," he said. "As far as his opinion of me goes, I couldn't care less.""

He then remarked, "STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME. NYA NYA."

No comments: