Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday

A rainy Friday here in Hawaii, and I have no motivation. It's like a huge vacuum has sucked the will to get my ass in gear right out of me.
Today is the memorial service for the Marines they lost in Brian's unit. I'm going to go, just to be there for him and to pay my respects. Loss is a difficult thing. There's nothing anyone can say, it's the final word; it just is. Everyone processes the experience differently, too. Some go out and get fucked up. Some retreat into themselves.
I mean, even if the Marines who died weren't their best friends, these guys are all subject to the aftermath. They see the families suffering, and know it could have been them. Rough times for all involved.

I read that they found more body parts down manholes at the WTC site. Didn't anyon think to check there? Whole operation seems pretty haphazard to me, especially with rubble and remains being taken to the landfill for 'sorting'. Good thing, though, that the powers that be can still use 9/11 for political fodder. At least something good came of it for someone....

x

No comments: